Followers

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Less is More Challenge - 3 Squares

I have been wanting to join in the challenges at Simply Less is More for the last 3 weeks but just havent got round to it until this week.  They are now onto week 4 and their challenge is  to use 3 squares.
This is quite a different card for me but I quite like the simplistic design but feel its not quite finished.  I think I should have used a lighter colour base card.   Your comments would be most welcome.


Ingredients:
Card - Recycled Card Blank- Papermania
Embossed and Die Cut Squares done using the Die Set that came with my Cuttlebug.
Sentiment - Rub On - Papermania


Thanks for stopping by.
Have a good day.
Hugs Sally x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sally,
    I'm glad you managed to join us at last.
    I tend to agree about the colour of the base card... the depth of tone makes the images sink into it instead of being the focal point. I think you were right to go with something other than white, but maybe this is a tad too deep.
    Now you've dipped your toe in the water, we need to see you every week!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually mind the Kraft background, but, it certainly doesn't make the squares pop. A lighter shade, or white would have been more dramatic...even black may have worked!
    I do love a bit of pink and orange!
    Thanks for joining us, do hope you want to come back again and again
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your embossed cakes...I also like kraft card....great card,

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kraft background but agree that this card would probably be much more spectacular with a lighter base card.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I rather like the background with these colours - it reminds me of spicy gingerbread (and that can only be a good thing!) Adding a scored line above and below the squares would 'anchor' them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the coloured squares against the kraft card - v effective

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card Sally, but yes I would either have a white background or lighter squares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sally, sorry but not the right idea of the challenge. I am not the best cardmaker in the world but as a follower of yours I have to say that this does not meet the other challenges at all. Think white and work from that. It is such a difficult challenge to enter, but once you grasp it it is so rewarding. You can't believe that you hav made such a card and at such a little cost.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sally! Love the embossed squares!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them all.
Hugs Sally xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...