Followers

Sunday 20 February 2011

Anything But a Card and a bit of a saga....

I am hoping that your weekend is going well and you are making the most of it.   This is quite a long post rom me to share my eventful Saturday!
I had high hopes for my weekend and woke up on Saturday morning feeling really happy....I was off to Derby to see my Mum and Dad get my hair done and also indulge in a little bit of Craft Retail Therapy.  All sounds great don't you think. 
The journey to Derby was really not pleasant with the weather and the amount of people on the M1 without their lights on Arrrrrgggghhhhh...it makes me so angry!   Well the day improved for a short while as I have found a stall on the market in Derby that has some great craft bargains and that was one of the main reasons for going into town.  I was quite pleased with my purchases and had a little bit of a wander and decided that  instead of wasting my time and money continuing I would go and visit Mum and Dad earlier than planned.  
This however is when my day just suddenly went down hill.  I went back to the car put my stuff in the boot and not only did my bags go in the boot but my keys as well!!!! As I shut the boot I think my heart stopped my keys were suddenly well and truly locked away.  
Who would have thought that this would have caused me so much grief.  The car (quite nice I have to say) is a company car on a long term rental with one of the big car rental companies so consequently I only have one key that is now firmly locked in the boot.  So I get on the phone make a few calls get called a few names and then wait for the AA to arrive.  
The plan was that the AA would be able to gain access to the car and retrieve the keys ....sounds like a good plan.......but no you can't easily break into a brand new Astra well not without making a significant amount of damage.  I told the guy that it was not like this in the movies!! So I have to wait now until Monday morning to make some calls and track down a spare key or get a key code to get access to my car.
So at the moment I am in Coventry and my car is in Derby!!   I will keep you posted and hope to be reunited with it some how and at some point tomorrow.


So onto my Anything but a Card post.
I have used a Stampendous Pail from Crafts U Love and decorated the top with a Cupcake Cutie coloured with Copics.
The ribbons are from my stash and the paper is My Minds Eye.  I have use MS punch Scallop Dot on the edge of the paper.
These pails are so versatile this one as you can see is filled with sweets but I did some for Christmas filled with Wax Crayons.



 I am entering this into the following challenges
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Anything but a card
A Spoonful of Sugar - Challenge 139 Anything But....
Moving Along With the Times - Anything for a little Girl but a card

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Sally xxx

10 comments:

  1. Sally, what a nightmare you poor thing, I hope you get the car sorted without too much damage. Your project is fabulous and the cupcake cutie looks wonderful on the lid! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI and MAWTT this week. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Sally, it didn;t turn out well did it! I do hope you manage to get into your car tomorrow - its not like Derby is only a few miles away either is it LOL. Let us know how you get on. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea Sally I love pink and orange together and your little image is such a cutie! Thanks for joining us at Moving Along With The Time this week. Hope you managed to unwind from your stressful day with some nice theraputic crafting!
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sally, what an awful time you had of it! I dread doing something like that!!

    But what a great pail! I love it! Those sweeties look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say thx for sharing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink! Thanks!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear sally - what a time you have had..hope you and your car are reunited soon
    Love the little pail..its so cute .. thanks for joining us at LCI and MAWTT this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your awful Saturday, hope it gets sorted soon! Fabulous pail though, love the colours!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your toten day! :(

    Love your little pail - it's beautifully done!

    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week!

    Hugs,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that was a pretty rotten day alright:( Hope you got your car back in one piece though. Love your project, perfectly suited to the cupcake cutie!! Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project to fit our 'something for a little girl' theme at MAWTT Sally, it's such a good idea and so well executed. Thankyou for sharing it with us and good luck.
    I hope you have now got the saga of your car sorted out, what a night mare.
    Take care
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them all.
Hugs Sally xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...